Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) now revamped as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna-Gramin(PMAY-G)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin(PMAY-G)
The Govt. of India has revamped the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) as Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) w.e.f. 2016-17 to realize the vision of “Housing for All by 2022”. The emphasis under PMAY-G is on providing universal access to housing in rural areas by constructing housing for all during the period of 3 years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 in the State. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are identified as per the SECC-2011 data and households having 0,1,2 room kutcha house. An amount of Rs.1.20 lacs in plain areas and Rs.1.30 lacs in hilly/difficult areas will be provided to the beneficiaries to construct IAY houses. In addition to this, an amount of Rs.18,000/- as Top up amount by the State Govt. and Rs.12,000/- will be provided under convergence for construction of Sanitary Latrine to the beneficiary. Under MGNREGA, out of total 90 unskilled person days in the plain areas & 95 unskilled person days in hilly/difficult areas will be permitted employment to the IAY beneficiaries for construction of their houses.
Identification of beneficiaries
To cover eligible beneficiaries of certain categories who may be living scattered within a Village Panchayat, the individual household approach can be used. First priority should be given to families of manual scavengers, including those rehabilitated and rehabilitated bonded labourers. Thereafter the priority to be given is as follows:-
- Women in difficult circumstances, including widows, those divorced or deserted, women victims of atrocities and those whose husbands are missing for at least three years, and, women headed families.
- (a) Households with a single girl child.
- Mentally challenged persons (with at least 40% disability)
- Physically challenged persons (with at least 40% disability)
- Transgender persons
- Widows and next-of-kin of members of defence/paramilitary/police forces killed in action (even if not BPL);
- Households where a member is suffering from Leprosy or Cancer.
- People living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Other houseless BPL families